18.3.08

area sacra di largo argentina


In the center of Rome exists one of my favorite places. The cat sanctuary. In this sunken island of ruins in the middle of the city, hundreds of cats dwell. They rein the remains of ancient days and the mice. In this little refuge from the horrible Italian drivers and lack of green space, kitties come to regain their health. I first overheard someone tell someone else that this space was a cat sanctuary, and I thought she was making a joke because a lot of cats happen to hang out there. But I soon discovered that it actually is a cat sanctuary, or hospital. There are a few caretakers who bring in kitties, feed them and nurse them back to health. You can visit the kitties and take a tour of the space Monday through Friday at 1400 and 1600. and on Fridays you can come and adopt a kitty. It also happens that a very good pizza place is across the street, and not far from our studio. Every once in a while we will go get pizza and then sit and watch the kitties play in the sun.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Molly said...

I think this is kind of weird.

Donna said...

the kitties are awesome. check out my new webcomic blog. cuddleboobs.blogspot.com

hehe. see you on apr 7 or the day after...